Are you considering attending a Sacred Ceremony where the Holy Plant Medicine is consumed?
Before attending a Sacred Ceremony with the Holy Medicine, it is highly advisable that you invest enough time to learn about the specific Sacred Ceremony, the Shaman, and the potential effects of the Holy Medicine as much as possible. One should respect the Holy Medicines as a gift of healing, learning and acknowledging the sacredness from the Holy and Divine Mother Ayahuasca.
Do not make a plan overnight to attend a Sacred Ceremony with the Holy Medicine. Prepare by learning more and taking precautionary as well as following any recommended preparatory guidelines from the Shaman or the organiser of the Sacred Ceremony. The more you learn about the Sacred Ceremony to meet the Holy and Divine Mother Ayahuasca, the more beneficial it will be for you.
If you feel any doubts or hesitation or if you are not open-minded about the whole experience you are going to go through, then it is advisable not to attend the Sacred Ceremony, as it is the Holy and Divine Mother Ayahuasca’s way of telling you not to attend. The Holy Medicine interacts with every individual in unique ways and the Holy and Divine Mother Ayahuasca calls the individuals when it is time. So, do not be in a hurry, otherwise the experience may go horribly wrong for you.
The ‘Intention’ you set before the Sacred Ceremony has tremendous impact on the experience you will have during the Sacred Ceremony. The Holy Medicine works on many levels of your body, mind, and spirit to cleanse them and align them to work with your intention of being in the Sacred Ceremony. Therefore, before attending a ceremony, set your intention clearly.
Before attending a Scared ceremony with Holy Plant Medicine, there are certain precautions which are recommended to follow by Shamans, experts and researchers on the matter.
Some recommended precautions
All dietary and behavior restrictions-based precautions are recommended beginning 4 to 6 weeks prior to the ceremony if you really want to heal efficiently.
Before deciding to take the Holy Medicine, always consult your doctor if you’re on some specific medication and have any heart related issues.
Remember, your discipline and routine before the Sacred Ceremony is your sacrifice to the Holy Spirit of the Holy and Divine Mother Ayahuasca, and an acknowledgment of your respect for the process.
Therefore, abide by it well.
What you should avoid
- Processed foods and canned/packaged products.
- All kinds of red meat (pork, beef, tuna, etc.)
- Yeast products (tofu, miso, soybean paste, soy sauce, kimchi)
- Protein supplements
- Overripe avocados / fruits (to avoid spoiling or fermentation in the digestive tract) and preserved fruits (unless you know they’re only dried fruit, without preservatives or added color/sugar).
- Excess of spices, sweets, pungent flavors, salt, sugar, or fake flavorings.
- In large quantities: peanuts, raspberries, spinach, chocolate, caffeine.
- Sexual activity.
Optional precautions to take for the ultimate preparation
- Experimenting with intermittent fasting
- Taking probiotics
- Quitting caffeine (or getting down to 1 cup/day)
- Sleeping with the sunrise/set
Medications to stop 2-6 weeks prior to the ceremony:
- MAOIs and SSRIs
- Amphetamines (ephedra, Adderall, etc.)
- Antihistamines (try nettle tea instead)
- Anti-hypertensives (high blood pressure meds)
- Appetite suppressants
- Asthma/breathing meds. (Try Osha root for lung support and blood oxygenation at high altitudes.)
- CNS depressants (try skullcap tea or tincture instead)
- All recreational drugs
- Tobacco okay, though not recommended
Herbs to stop 2-6 weeks prior to the Sacred Ceremony
- Yohimbe (MAOI).
- John’s Wort.
What you can Eat
- Lots of fruits and vegetables
- Quality-fats, unprocessed foods, plant-based all the way
- Minimal meat/animal products